With the rapid growth of the Greater China market, we recognised that having strong local capability to deliver our full range of legal services to Chinese clients is fundamental to meeting the needs of our clients and growing our business in the Asian region. To achieve this we need to increase our pool of local language speakers, leverage their deep local knowledge and connections and at the same time build their international expertise. Hence we wish to award scholarships to top talent from leading universities in China.
We welcome applications from:
- Law students from leading universities in China who are in their penultimate/final year of undergraduate/postgraduate studies; and
- Native Mandarin speakers with fluent English skills
We offer scholars the opportunity to:
- Spend a year in London to undertake a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL).
- Spend a year in Hong Kong to undertake a Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL).
- On completion of the above, join us as a Trainee Solicitor in Hong Kong. This is a 2-year training contract during which scholars will work full-time in our Hong Kong office and have at least one 6-month rotation in either our Shanghai, Beijing, London or Australia offices. Refer to our Training Contract webpage for more details.
We accept applications for the 2020 PRC Scholarship from 1 February 2019 to 31 March 2019. Please complete an online application form which will be available on our recruitment portal in due course.
If your initial application is successful, you’ll be invited to attend the interviews in our office, including the first round with our China partners, and the second round with our Hong Kong partners (via video conference). If you successfully pass the interviews, we'll offer you a 4-week internship in our Beijing or Shanghai office and you'll be given real work for real clients. Based on feedback from your interviews and internship, we'll then decide whether you'll be offered the PRC Scholarship.