Brilliant lawyers come from all backgrounds. That’s why we take a roughly equal split of law and non-law students. Whatever your experience, you’ll work with some of the world’s best lawyers, on some of our biggest projects.
You’ll rotate through four six-month seats, which you can discuss with our HR team before and throughout your training contract. All of our trainees spend time in corporate and dispute resolution. You may also choose specialist areas such as finance, competition, regulation and trade, intellectual property, and tax. Unlike many competitor firms, over 90% of our trainees go on secondment.
All trainees are encouraged to make the most of the many opportunities we provide for pro bono work, including attending the Whitechapel Legal Advice Clinic. There are also pro bono secondment opportunities.
Once you’ve accepted your offer, you'll be invited to events and networking days at the firm. You'll be able to apply for a discretionary grant, which can be used for activities such as undertaking further study, a language course or voluntary work. Before you start as a trainee at the firm, you may even be able to work as a paralegal here.
We understand that life in a commercial law firm can seem daunting. That’s why we give you plenty of support, including a two-week induction when you join, department inductions at the start of each seat, trainee and partner mentors, and regular feedback, plus extensive on-the-job support from associates and partners.
- LPC and GDL fees paid by the firm or reimbursed
- £10,000 grant on the LPC
- £8,000 grant on the GDL in London
- £7,000 grant on the GDL outside of London
- Social and sports clubs
- 25 days’ annual leave (with the ability to buy or sell up to five days)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private medical insurance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Corporate GP service
- Travel insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant and café
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Profit share scheme
- Pension contributions
- Access to a mortgage broker
- £44,000 in first year
- £48,000 in second year
- Total cash potential up to £93,000 upon qualification